What is private label skincare?
The concept of private label skincare involves selling high quality products to customers in a way that is cost-effective for your business and true to your vision. It allows you to forgo working with suppliers of name brand products in favor of creating your own customized skincare products, thereby increasing trust with your customers and building your business’s reputation as a trustworthy vendor. To be effective, retailers such as yourself must work with a trusted product manufacturer who will provide you with good products, a quick turnaround, and fair pricing.
How does it work?
Private label cosmetics is a multi-part process. It begins with choosing a manufacturer that you believe would best meet your needs. No two businesses will have exactly the same needs; that’s why it’s critical to choose a manufacturer that will be a good fit. Once you’ve made your choice, you should communicate with their team to ensure the best service possible. The typical process looks like this:
- Consultation. Discuss your private label skincare project with the manufacturer. Take care to outline everything from timeline to goals, vision, and budget. You should get a sense of where the partnership will set you on the path to achieving your goals. Be advised that there may be a consultation fee.
- Product evaluation. Typically, manufacturers will offer a large selection of skin care products to be private labelled according to your design. At this stage in the process, you can often order samples to ensure the product you plan to sell is exactly to your standards of quality.
- Packaging selection. Select a style of packaging for your products. Your manufacturer will likely have a variety to choose from to suit your needs.
- Labeling design. Collaborate with the manufacturer to determine the look of your private label cosmetics. Share design ideas on how to best evoke your brand promises, and incorporate them into the graphics, design layout, and even the labels themselves to make products that will grab the attention of your customers.
Is private labeling right for my brand/company?
Will private label skincare work for you? That depends. Ask yourself these questions before seeking a manufacturer:
- Do I offer products that my customers can trust?
- Do I want to build customer loyalty?
- Do I want to improve my business’s bottom line?
If you answered “yes” to any of the previous questions, then you may want to consider going the private label skincare route. Choosing to sell your own customized skincare products can be a great way to build a strong reputation, both online and in-person. Private label products also makes sense from a pragmatic, business-oriented perspective. It is a cost-effective option to selling solely expensive name-brand products that can potentially increase your sales and exposure of your brand or company.
Why choose Pravada?
There are numerous private label skincare manufacturers across the world, but only Pravada simplifies the process and offers a world-class customer experience. Here are some of the ways that Pravada stands out from the rest:
- Naturally derived, organic-based formulations. We at Pravada do not compromise the quality of our products. We offer over 80 organic private label skincare products that use naturally derived ingredients, incorporate essential oils and fragrances, and are never tested on animals. We seek to offer you a great value with low minimums for your products.
- A seamless 5-step process. Other private label skin care manufacturers may bog the process down with superfluous steps, or spend more time trying to upsell you on additional services than try to understand your goals. Pravada simplifies the process by starting you out with a free consultation, followed by product, scent, and packaging selection, and finally labeling. We are committed to bringing you a simple, seamless experience to get you the products you need.
- Quick, interactive customer service. Our team of customer service experts are with you every step of the way to ensure all of your questions are answered.
Private label skincare is a growing trend. More and more consumers are trusting small business retailers and their branded products over traditional name brands. If you were ever looking to increase the reputation and bottom line of your business, now is the time to stay true to your vision and choose private label.